Whether you are an architect or homeowner, engineer or contractor, we can help you to obtain the required approvals from regulatory City agencies at all levels of the NYC and NYS government. We can prepare, file and approve Dept of Buildings work permit applications for all job types. here are some of the must common jobs we work with:
New Building, Alteration Type 1, Alteration Type 2, Alteration Type 3, Demollition & Sign. We obtain general construction work permits, boiler permits, fire alarm permits, fire suppression permits, demolition permits, sign permits, awning permits, marquee permits, plumbing permits, mechanical permits and sprinkler permits for our many customers. We have also helped our customers to obtain TCOs (Temporary Certificate of Occupancy) and renew TCOs as well as obtain final CofOs (Certificate of Occupancy).


Our Services
Permit Expediting
Violation Removal
Record Research
Contractor License Regulation
Certificate Of
Demolition Permits
Alteration Permits
Construction Permits
HPD Violations
DEP Violations
Signage Permits
Plumbing Permits
Mechanical Permits
Boiler Permits
Fire Alarm Permits
FDNY Violation
Sidewalk Violations
Transportation Violations
Construction Insurance Updates

Construction Permits

Steps to Obtaining a Work Permit

  1. You must hire a licensed professional to file plans for new building or building construction renovations changes and applications with the NYC building department. A Licensed Professional can be either a Registered Architect or a Professional Engineer according to the NYC DOB.
  2. Once the proper plans have been filed with the Licensed Professional and approved by the NY DOB, a contractor may be hired who must apply for a work permit prior to construction begins.
  3. Upon the contractor completes work your Licensed Professional must arrange for a Department inspections or trade self-certification.
  4. After this process is complete the Department of Buildings will let you know whether you need a New or an Amended Certificate of Occupancy.

Violation Removal

The Department of Buildings (DOB) violations are issued by a DOB inspector and complete at the NYC Environmental Control Board (ECB) or by the Department of Buildings (DOB). ECB violation is a notice that a property (building commercial and non commercial) does not comply with a provision of the NYC Building Code and/or NYC Zoning Resolution. ECB violations are resolved at the Environmental Control Board ECB, an administrative law court, where a civil penalty may be imposed to the landlord although the violations are entered against the property in the Department of Buildings Information System DOB (BIS).

There are three classes of violations:
Class 1 violations are known as immediately hazardous and can result in a violation with a $1,500 civil penalty.
Class 2 violations are known as Major.
Class 3 violations are known as lesser.
To learn more about Types of DOB Violations visit the NYC Department of Buildings.

Clear Violations and Orders

Contact us to speak to someone about a Building Violation Tel: 929-278-5922



Check Building Violations

House No: